Wednesday, June 15, 2011

SLA Annual 2011

On Monday I went to this year's SLA Annual Conference (my first time at SLA) in Philadelphia. Having gone to ALA several times, and to other library conferences, I had a pretty good idea what to expect, but it was still exciting to attend.

SLA has a different feel as a conference than some of the other events I've been to - more slick, corporate polish, fewer children's books - but not in a bad way, just as a reflection of the types of librarians who attend and the places they work. I went to several excellent sessions (for which I'll try to write up posts later), and got to talk to lots of librarians that I know but don't see regularly.

Most of all, I appreciated the conference for allowing me to get out of the office and away from my desk. The last several weeks I've spent almost every minute of every work day on a very detail-oriented micro-level project and the chance to think about big-picture things was a welcome break.

No comments:

Post a Comment