Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Let's Eat!

The National Archives is opening a new exhibit that looks like it will be really interesting:
What's Cooking Uncle Sam?
Food. We love it, fear it, and obsess about it. We demand that our Government ensure that it is safe, cheap, and abundant. In response, Government has been a factor in the production, regulation, research, innovation, and economics of our food supply. It has also attempted, with varying success, to change the eating habits of Americans. From the farm to the dinner table, explore the records of the National Archives that trace the Government’s effect on what Americans eat.
I don't get over to the Archives very often, but I've really liked the special exhibits that I've seen there, and of course I love food, so I'm definitely planning to check this out. Also, if you're not already following it, David Ferriero (the Archivist of the United States) has a great blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment