Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Mobility

I have finally joined the modern technology world and acquired a smart phone. I had resisted for a long time because I just couldn't seem to justify paying for a new cell phone when I had one that worked just fine, but my old phone broke and as long as I had to get a new one anyway I thought it was time for an upgrade. I still couldn't quite justify shelling out for the new iPhone, so instead I ended up with a fabulous purple Blackberry Curve. That also meant that I got to keep my CREDO Mobile account - a huge shout out to them for fantastic customer service and for being a non-evil telecom company.

It's only been a couple of weeks and already I can't imagine how I lived without this thing. Up until now I had been a little skeptical of how much use I would actually get out of the non-phone features, but if anything I use those far more than the phone itself. Having used it for a little while, I can absolutely see why this is the way that technology is moving in the future. Libraries that don't get on board with providing information in formats that work with mobile devices are very quickly going to be libraries that get left behind.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome. You will be hearing from me.

    ReplyDelete