Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I knew those crayons would come in handy some day...

I have a confession to make - I hoard craft supplies. I don't even spend all that much time crafting these days, though I always intend to get back to it, but I still can't get rid of anything that might possibly ever be useful in some sort of craft project. This includes several boxes of Crayola markers, colored pencils, and crayons.

That's why I love this crayon tinting embroidery tutorial. Not only are the results absolutely gorgeous, but it's an excuse to pull out the crayons and put them to work in a very grown-up way. Also, I have pleasant memories of doing melty crayon art in kindergarten. (Looking back, I can't believe they let us play anywhere near hot surfaces, I imagine they put a stop to that at some point.)

1 comment:

  1. i totally remember those projects! we always had to make leaves out of green and brown crayons on wax paper. ah! what a memory you have pinged.

    ReplyDelete