Friday, February 05, 2010

The Death of the Snow Day

I am sad to report the demise of a much-loved friend. After many years of service, the Snow Day has finally met its match in technology. No longer do blizzard conditions require a day spent reading and drinking cocoa. Now, thanks to the advances of technology, even the biggest of snow storms that keeps people off the roads can still be a productive day.

It's a bit sad to think that I don't have snow days to look forward to anymore. Growing up in a snowy part of the world, they were rare enough that they were always a really special treat, and as an adult I think I appreciated them even more since they almost always happened during the busiest time of the year, and I needed the day off. Alas, that is not to be any longer, but at least I can do all my work from home in my pajamas!

No comments:

Post a Comment