Thursday, October 04, 2007

Addicted

I have a new addiction to confess.

At a craft fair last weekend I bought a drop spindle and some dyed roving, and now I can't stop spinning. I completely skipped doing any homework last night I was so addicted to it. It's like magic, the way the fluffy wool turns into sleek, twisted thread so quickly. The first few feet I did were pretty bumpy and knarly looking, but once I got the hang of it and read a few different sets of instructions things were flying along and it got to be a very zen activity. I'm going to have to try really hard to contain myself and not do any spinning until all of my other work is done first.

The cat likes this new hobby too, but she has already discovered that the fluffy roving doesn't taste very good and is hard to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment