Monday, August 27, 2007

Back to School

Today is my first day of graduate school. I am going back to get my Masters of Library and Information Science, and hopefully two years from now when I finish I will find a job as a librarian in an academic library at a college or university.

At the moment I'm excited to finally be starting, since between the first open house last May, taking the GRE, the application process, and dealing with student loan paperwork, I feel like I've been preparing for this day forever. At the same time I'm nervous about whether or not I'll be able to handle the workload while I'm still working full time at my current job. Luckily my boss is very nice, and they're willing to be flexible about schedules and stuff, but it still worries me.

I'm certain that I will have lots more to say about graduate school and about librarianship in the months and years to come, so stay tuned for more excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment