Monday, March 20, 2006

The Never Ending Crochet Project

So I finally finished all 195 hexagons for my grandmother's birthday gift at about 11:00 last night. Now I just have about 800 ends to weave in, 14 really long seams and 100 really short seams to slip stitch together, and 180 inches of border to do. And only 12 days to do it all. Will I finish on time? Who knows, but I'm certainly going to try.

At this point it really all hinges on how quickly I can weave in my ends. I've done the first couple and the ends of the center color go very quickly but the green border ends not so much. Hopefully I'll get faster as I do more of them like I did with the crocheting. I never thought that I'd get sick of any yarn, but I have to admit that it will be a cold day in hell before I use any of this stuff again. I'm going to try to use up all of it in doing the border just so that I don't have it sitting around taunting me with its presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment