Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Hexagon crazy

So for my grandmother's 80th birthday next month I decided to make her something since I couldn't figure out what I could get her and I know she always appreciates the things I make (she's my grandma - that's her job).

Sounds simple enough right? Wrong!

I decided to make her a small afghan, only lap blanket sized so it wouldn't take too long. Well here I am, having purchased 25 balls of yarn, and put almost every waking moment into this project over the last week and I'm not even half way done. The pattern is my own, a variation of something found online, and it consists of about 185 hexagons, crocheted individually and then attached together. I've got over 100 of them done so you'd think that I was in great shape but that's before you stop to consider that for every one of those 185 hexagons I have four yarn ends to weave in before I can even think about joining them all. I must have been affected by yarn fumes or something when I came up with this project idea. I have two and a half weeks left to finish, and I suspect that I'll be using every last one of those days.

I think it's time to start making sacrifices to the yarn gods and asking for a rift in the space-time continuum so that I can finish this before her party.

No comments:

Post a Comment