Friday, November 04, 2005

Quantity not Quality

Current Word Count: 6665

I was so afraid when I signed up to participate in the NaNoWriMo challenge that I would be completely unable to get anywhere with my writing. Fortunately, I'm finding it a much easier process than I thought it would be.

Of course, as someone on another forum remarked, NANOing bears very little resemblance to actually writing a novel. When the goal is quantity and not quality it's much easier to sit down and pour a couple hundred words onto the page. If I were actually re-reading and editing my stuff I'm sure I'd be very discouraged but I've decided that until the entire thing is written I'm not going back to anything that's already on paper unless I need to add something for plot reasons. I don't even want to think about what it will look like when I'm done. That's a problem to worry about after the 50,000th word has been written.

No comments:

Post a Comment